Committees and Caucuses
Jim serves on the House Ways and Means Committee.
The Committee on Ways and Means is the oldest committee of the United States Congress, and is the chief tax-writing committee in the House of Representatives. The Committee derives a large share of its jurisdiction from Article I, Section VII of the U.S. Constitution which declares, "All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives."
For more information about Jim’s work on the Ways and Means Committee, please visit the committee’s website.
Jim serves on the House Budget Committee.
The Budget Committee is responsible for developing the annual budget, including setting spending levels, revenue levels, the deficit or surplus levels, as well as the public debt. Jim is committed to using his business experience to work with both sides of the aisle to balance our budget, reign in our nation’s debt, and continue to grow our economy.
For more information about the Budget Committee, please visit the committee's website.
Jim is also a member of the Republican Study Committee (RSC), a group of House Republicans organized for the purpose of advancing a conservative social and economic agenda in the House of Representatives.
To learn more about Jim’s work on the Republican Study Committee, please visit the committee’s website.
Jim is currently a member of the following caucuses in the 114th Congress:
- Bipartisan Working Group [co-founder with Rep. John Carney (D-DE)]
- House General Aviation Caucus
- House Great Lakes Task Force
- Congressional Steel Caucus
- Congressional Natural Gas Caucus
- Congressional Refinery Caucus
- Congressional Diabetes Caucus
- Congressional Caucus on CPAs and Accountants
- Northeast-Midwest Congressional Coalition
- House Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Caucus
- Congressional Fire Services Caucus
- Congressional Men's Health Caucus
- Congressional Italian-American Caucus
- Congressional Coal Caucus
- Congressional Academic Medicine Caucus